intriguing art for bored and lonely walls

Monday, October 10, 2011

Erosion

A little snap I took earlier this year, along with one of my poems.   It's funny how that chapter of my life seems like several hundred {thousand} lifetimes ago.    I am not that girl any more.   I remain unsure that this is a good thing, but am grateful that I emerged as more than just a shell of a person.   {I think.}  The oddest part of this non-story is that the villain wasn't a villain at all, but a hero, as it always has been from the beginning.    Which of course makes no sense.   But that's the rub, you see.  None of it made any sense.   Behind my lens, however, I found, as I always do, solace, and clarity.   I'm re-visiting this project to see if I can get it to the place I intended...



e r o s i o n

i've been sleeping through my waking moments {lately}...
waiting for something i can{not}
{de}fine
to stop;
it began so slowly, i hardly realized at first -
like
a drip,
drip,
{drip}ping
faucet -
eroding
my composure -
sickening
my stomach -
tearing pieces of my {soul}
away -
i watch them float like butterfly wings;
my trust wavering;
{belief} quivering;
focus blurred...

No comments:

Post a Comment